Not only does the Ministry provide labour administration services, but it also provides employment services. In fact, there is an Employment Unit currently staffed by ten Employment Officers, whose main functions include that of working with employers and job seekers to facilitate the job matching process for employment. This process is now made more convenient, efficient, and easier with the implementation of the Ministry’s computerized Employment Services System (ESS), which was recently developed by the Central Information Technology Office (CITO).
The Employment Services System is web-based, highly secured, and allows for the collection and processing of structured unemployment information. It captures and processes vacancy information from employers and matches it with the education, experience, and skills of job seekers in order to generate lists of candidates for specific jobs. The System also generates statistics and predefined reports by demographics, geographic locations, industries, and job types.
Please feel free to access our online Employment Services System and be sure to contact any of our friendly, knowledgeable, and experienced Employment Officers, who will be delighted to be of service to you.
Employment Services include:
- Registering and referring job seekers for employment;
- Registering of employers and vacancies;
- Facilitating the transfer of a worker from one occupation to another or from one region to another for the purpose of obtaining employment;
- Providing guidance and assistance to job seekers in respect of vocational training necessary for obtaining available employment;
- Providing Job Preparedness Training to job seekers;
- Providing assistance with the collection of labour market statistics