CALL FOR PROPOSAL
Consultancy services for research and formulation of a plan for the
Gradual Implementation of the Government’s Commitment to reaching
A Five-Dollar National Minimum Wage
The Ministry of Rural Transformation, Community Development, Labour and Local Government is launching a call for proposals from interested professionals to conduct background research and formulate a plan for the gradual implementation of the Government’s commitment to reaching a Five-Dollar National Minimum Wage.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY:
The main objective of the Consultancy is to formulate a Plan for the gradual implementation of Government’s commitment to reaching a Five-Dollar national minimum wage.
Phase (I) – Situational Analysis: A thorough assessment of the political, economic, social, business and institutional factors in order to understand the current and future national context of the wage’s dynamics.
Phase (II) – Gap Analysis: The Consultant will identify specific wages and productivity issues for traditional and non-traditional forms of work – against the backdrop of significant challenges and opportunities for Belize’s labour market.
Phase (III) – Drafting of Plan: The Consultant will produce a Plan in plain, actionable language while grouping topics and provisions in a logical structure addressing scope of implementation, and supplementary and legal provisions.
Phase (IV) - Implementation: The Consultant will prepare an operational and monitoring and evaluation framework.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
Candidates seeking to undertake this consultancy should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Labour Economics, Development Studies, Industrial Relations or any related fields from a recognized university or institution with ten years of relevant professional experience;
- Exposure to and familiarity with local labour markets’ conditions, policies, programs and Pre and Post COVID-19 situations;
- Strong practical understanding of macro and micro economic policies and conditions;
- Strong practical knowledge and implementation of wages legislation and polices;
- Strong practical knowledge of government processes, legislations, regulations, and polices;
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Each proposal should consist of:
- A short cover letter (2 pages maximum) with exact references to the consultant’s experience with similar undertakings specifying – in detail – (i) experience with wages policies, action plans or similar documents; (ii) experience with policy research, development, and implementation skill; and (iii) knowledge of Belize labour markets’ conditions, policies, programs and Pre and Post COVID-19 situations;
- Relevant samples of work and/or hyperlinks to published material;
- Tentative calendar for carrying out the various phases of the process (see section 7, paragraphs (i) to (iv) of the Terms of Reference). With regards to the calendar of activities, please note:
- The consultant is expected to start working during the month of July 2022 and conclude the exercise at least, by December 2022.
- The full stakeholders’ consultation schedule and modality will be jointly determined after selection of the candidates in line with the stakeholders’ availability, COVID-19 health situation/regulation and available resources.
- Curriculum vitae and current affiliation of relevant consultants, if any;
- A price proposal that includes all consultant fees and related expenses. Meetings and workshop costs will be covered by the Ministry.
- Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
- The full Terms of Reference may be requested from email@example.com
Proposals must be submitted to:
Chief Executive Officer
Ministry of Rural Transformation, Community Development, Labour and Local Government
5163 University Boulevard
Belmopan City, CAYO
All submissions must be made by 3rd June, 2022 at 4:00pm Belize Time