The Ministry of the Rural Transformation, Community Development, Labour and Local Government hereby notifies the public that the Tripartite Body will resume duties starting this April of 2021. The Tripartite Body consists of nine members and the Labour Commissioner. Three members are representatives of Employers, three are representative of Workers and the other three are representatives of the Government.
The newly appointed Government representative members are as follows:
- Ms. Monica Coc-Magnusson
- Mr. Leopoldo Romero
- Ms. Sandra Morris
The Other Members of the Tripartite Body are:
- Nikita Usher, Belize Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Suzette Tillet, Belize Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Katherine Meighan, Belize Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Daniel Luna, National Trade Union Congress of Belize
- Floyd Neal, National Trade Union Congress of Belize
- Jorge Mejia, National Trade Union Congress of Belize
The Tripartite Body and its activities are governed by the Trade Unions and Employers’ Organizations (Registration, Recognition and Status) Act, Chapter 304, Revised Edition 2011.
A key function of the Tripartite Body is that of working with all stakeholders to promote tripartism including the certification of Trade Unions, enforcement of Collective Bargaining Agreements and coordinating the recognition and enforcement of ratified ILO (International Labour Organization) Conventions.
The Tripartite convenes the on the last Wednesday of every month.